I thought the last post was going to be the end of this round on Quakers but thanks to eriu49’s comments on my previous post I came across the following at http://firstfriendswhittier.org I think I can say I agree with every item on this list.
You Might Be a Quaker if:
- You think listening is at least as important as talking.
- You think justice means more than just locking up criminals.
- You are more interested in being like Christ than in being like Christians.
- You want to read the Bible but you don’t want to be beaten with it.
- You think the contents of a person’s heart is more important than the contents of their house.
- You are more worried about the Hell that people live in here and now than any Hell they might occupy after death.
- You think war makes more problems than it solves.
- You don’t feel a ritual is necessary to be saved.
- You think mandatory creeds and dogma fit like a strait-jacket.
- You have found the best ministers are often found sitting in the pews.
- You think investing leaders with great power is dangerous.
- You think equality is not so much a goal to be sought, but a fact that is often ignored.
- You think honesty is not just the best policy, but that it ought to be the only policy.